Saturday 29 June 2013

Another Honeymoon




For the next three weeks my blood tests were good enough to keep me out of the hospital. By the end of August I only had to get a blood test every three weeks. With luck I wouldn’t have to see a white coat again until my appointment with Dr Comfort at the end of September.
      I felt better and better as the weeks progressed. I got a lot of my energy back, my appetite got better and I even started to grow a bit of hair again. It was another honeymoon period and I was going to enjoy every breath of it.
      I called my mother. She cried hysterically at the sound of my voice.  We were both thrilled that the transplant was behind me and the quiche didn’t kill me. I was still alive. I couldn’t help but smile and dance around the room a little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment