Sunday 21 July 2013

No Promise of a New Beginning

http://www.amazon.com/Goodbye-Keanu-multiple-myeloma-ebook/dp/B00CB87K8Y



No one knew what I was going through. Most of it was because that’s how I wanted it to be and I do not regret that. But even my family could have no idea of the daily torture I experienced. The torture has lessened but I will never escape it. I am aware every day that I am sick. It is like what I imagine a person goes through who is facing criminal charges but their court case keeps getting delayed. It is a frustrating process when your fate is in someone else’s hands and you cannot move on. But eventually of course there will be an end for them, either freedom or incarceration. I only hope that one day I will get a real stay of execution and a chance at freedom. I have to hope –what else can I do?
      For the first time in my life the New Year holds no promise of a new beginning. I will spend the rest of my life reliant on blood tests to see whether I am holding my own in my battle against plasma cell leukemia. I hate that I have this disease. I hate that I may have done something to put myself in this position. I hate that this will never really be over until I am dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment